Do 04 Nov 2010, 18:53
Video Tour of the New Disneyland Paris iPhone App
Though the title of this blog post says it’s an iPhone app, it will work on an iPod Touch or iPad, but as you are walking round the resort using it you will need a data connection so a 3G enabled iPad will be required or you’ll need to use your Wi-Fi iPad or iPod Touch somewhere that has a Wi-Fi hotspots like the McDonalds in Disney Village.
So, onto the app, and a great one it is too, with a plethora of information for the planning of a trip to Disneyland Paris as well as anyone in the resort too. Rather than write a lengthy blog post I decided to shoot a video of the app, and this was in fact me using the app for the first time after downloading it, so apologies if I go round in circles a bit! The app is free.
I will be doing a follow up video, as I mention in the video, during park opening hours to see some more of the features enabled. So, what do you think of the brand new Disneyland Paris app? I’d love to hear from anyone who has used it in the parks – was the information up to date and quick to access?
Update – 4th November 2010
I’ve just tried to access the show times and waiting times data but I am being told I can only access this if I am in the parks. So, now more than ever I am relying anyone who will be in the parks with the app to let me know how these features work – any help would be gratefully appreciated by myself, and everyone reading this. Thanks!
Do 04 Nov 2010, 19:22
Discover Disneyland® Paris (its two parks, its hotels and Disney® Village), plan your stay, and once you are on site optimize your visit by using the interactive map, increased reality, the waiting time at the attractions and parade and show times that appear on your phone in real time.
To discover Disneyland ®Paris, the application offers you:
- The description of each park, of its attractions, shows, parades, restaurants, stores and services (ATMs, restrooms, etc)
- A multitude of advice to be well-organized once you are on site, with preferred itineraries according to your tastes (strong sensations, family adventure for example)
- The latest news (attractions or seasons) with video trailers
- The presentation of our hotels, of our different park admission tickets and show tickets, with the possibility of reserving directly through our central reservations office.
Once you are on site, the application helps you organize your visit in our parks by using, in particular:
- The interactive card: it allows you to highlight all the points of interest, such as shows, parades, restaurants, stores and services (ATMs, restrooms, etc) and to be geo-localized to make it easier to find your way around the parks.
- A search motor: symbolized by a magnifying glass on the map, it allows you to select the points of interest by criteria, be it the type of attractions (strong sensations, for little ones, etc) or even the specialties or prices of the restaurants.
- Increased reality: symbolized by the symbol 3D (for the 3GS and 4 iPhones), it allows you to see the parks through the iPhone’s camera and to position the points of interest directly
- Park hours, attractions, shows and attraction waiting times are given when you are geo-localized in one of the parks.
- The schedule: it allows you to group together the attractions you do not wish to miss. A warning system is put into place and gives you the time of the shows you have reserved.
This application is rich in content. We recommend you to download it via Wi-FI connection or to use your iTunes from a computer.
The application is free. A wireless mobile connection is require to use it inside the Disney parks. Please consult the rates and fees of your operator before to use it.
Do 04 Nov 2010, 22:34
Di 22 Nov 2011, 20:10
Wo 27 Jun 2012, 17:33
This is a test application for a limited duration at Disneyland Paris.
Discover Disneyland Paris (its two parks and Disney Village). Once you are on site organize your visit using real time information such as attraction wait times, shows, and parade schedule.** Park hours, attraction wait times*, and show schedules are provided in the parks only.** The application is free**. This is a test application for a limited duration.
Minimum required set-up:
- Android 2.2
- Resolution screen size 800 x 400
A wireless mobile connection is required to use real time information. Message and data rates may apply. Please consult the rates and fees from your operator before using it. Availability subject to handset limitations and features may vary by handset or service provider. Coverage not available everywhere. If you are under 18, get your parents’ permission first.
* The estimated wait times are given for your information only and do not represent a commitment by Disneyland Paris.
** Excluding Internet connection charges. This application requires high volume transfers of data. Consult the rates and fees from your operator.
Do 28 Jun 2012, 20:37
Do 30 Jan 2014, 23:03
Za 01 Feb 2014, 10:18
Moderator schreef:Let op! Wordt wel door fans bijgehouden, is dus niet de officiele geregistreerde wachttijd van DLP .
Do 12 Jun 2014, 10:01
Do 12 Jun 2014, 11:22
Do 11 Sep 2014, 06:32
Wo 24 Dec 2014, 09:55
Wo 24 Dec 2014, 09:59
Wo 24 Dec 2014, 17:12
Wo 24 Dec 2014, 17:29